Followers, follow me! or lead me, either way.

Sunday, July 15, 2007


A LONG WEEKEND IN BELLINGHAM





I went up to Bellingham with the boyfriend and we broke up. It's a romantic setting for a break up! Actually, we were in the Travellodge which was expensive and a bit shoddy. Damn, I never even got the opportunity to call him a boyfriend! We were going to look for a better motel but inertia took hold. The pool was small and in the middle of the parking lot, decorated with wire and one lone life preserver. Ah, maybe it was the fault of the motel.
The photo was taken in Fairhaven, a sweet historic district. I like the Colophon Cafe and the attached bookstore. There is a plaza with live music on Sunday afternoons and outdoor movies at night.

Chuckanut Drive is very close by and offers many good hikes in the woods. Of course, if you want more there is Mt Baker not that far away.


No comments: