Followers, follow me! or lead me, either way.

Monday, March 19, 2007

"What do you think about libraries taking part in social networking sites? Create a blog posting with your thoughts."

I hear the U.S. Army tried to use Myspace as a recruiting tool but it backfired when there were some rumors of child predators using their page. Don't ask me how...I think the same could happen to library Myspace pages but hey, sometimes you have to take a chance.

Besides that, is it really owned by the evil Rupert Murdoch? Fox News, Myspace, what's next in the evil empire? Wow, I just found a Myspace page purportedly of the Rupert. Un--*(#&A(-believable! here are his interests: "Global domination and the conjunction of church and state.Censorship of private or liberal interest groups.Censorship of MySpace pages that do not agree with my views.Dictatorships are fun... as long as I'm in charge." And under his blurb: "I just bought MySpace.com, soon I will own the rest of the internet.I aspire to become the most powerful man in the world. I promote the efforts and conjunction between right wing conservatism and government. I encourage my television and radio stations to become Republican soapboxes. There are many important benefits to fascism." There's even a segment about Fox with Jon Stewart that ends with a link to www.outfoxed.org. The wonders of the Internet (really the WWW) never cease!

No comments: