Followers, follow me! or lead me, either way.

Friday, March 02, 2007

YOU TOO CAN HAVE A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE FOR YOUR MUSINGS
(besides this one)

WriteAPrisoner.com - A website hosting personal and or legal ads for prisoners seeking correspondence with the outside world. See their photos and here the stories of how they were incarcerated. Write them directly at the prisons. Their addresses are posted free to the public. This site also has an "In The News" section to keep you current on events in the correctional system. Stop by. And please, write a prison pen pal today! http://www.writeaprisoner.com/homepage.asp
Also, look at some of the art produced by prisoners!
You can have your portrait done using a photo!
http://www.prisonart.org/

I started writing to 2 prisoners and now it's three. I like making these people happy, even if it is momentary--men who have some good in them and perhaps have made some bad decisions and lived a hard life through no fault of their own. One prisoner said, "to say how happy it makes me feel to receive a letter from you is beyond my ability to put into print, after all the time I have spent with so little contact from outside these fences and walls, I am so overjoyed to have met someone as friendly and exciting as you."

No comments: